Thank you to everyone who attended the Layne Beachley event in February. This event was the most popular event we have hosted to date, with more than 160 attendees.
Feedback about Layne’s presentation has been extremely positive and guests were also delighted by Simone Dowding’s presentation about creating more meaningful experiences in the workplace for both staff and customers.
Layne’s book recommendations are as follows:
- Daring Greatly- Brené Brown - How the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we will live, lead, parent and love
- Rising Strong - Brené Brown - If we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall. This is a book about what it takes to get back up.
- Slight Edge- John Olson - The little things required for us to succeed are easy to do, and just as easy not to do! What little things are you doing that are getting you closer or further away from your ideal life? It's a game changer.
- The War Of Art - Steven Pressfield - Break through the blocks and win your inner creative battles - very easy to read and incredibly powerful messages.
- Legacy- James Kerr - What the All Blacks can teach us about the Business of Life. There are some amazing and thought provoking messages in this book.
- The Power Of Now - Eckhardt Toll - To make the journey into now we will need to leave our analytical mind and it's false created self, the ego, behind.
A big thank you to our sponsor Soul Connection for providing our event styling and to our other sponsors – The William Farrer Hotel, Commonwealth Bank, Twomeys, Commins Hendriks and Wagga Wagga City Council. The event would not have been possible without the in kind/ and/ or financial support of these organisations.